NEWSPAPER:Kenny Chesney and Steve Miller's Hot Date at Tootsie's



Has it been a lifelong dream of yours to see Steve Miller sing classics such as "Fly Like an Eagle," "Keep on Rockin' Me Baby," "Jet Airliner" and "Abracadabra" in the barroom intimacy of a haunt like Tootsie's Orchid Lounge? Yes? Well, you just missed your opportunity. Last night, after appearing with Miller for a taping of CMT Crossroads at The Ryman, country superstar Kenny Chesney persuaded the legendarily lukewarm classic-rock singer to join him at Tootsie's Lower Broad honky-tonk.

This according to a press release sent to the Scene by the Lower Broadway honky-tonk, bearing the heading Kenny Chesney and Steve Miller "Went Out Last Night" -- a title which reminded me of this. Normally, I'd use something like this as jumping off point for dispensing my pearls of praise or hatred for an artist, but I can't think of a singer I have a less of an opinion about than Steve Miller. Seriously, dude is like the tap water of classic rockers. Is there some "X factor" there that I'm missing?

No comments: